Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Monday, August 29, 2016

Painterly?

~



First one is 12x16"oil on canvas panel, I call "Morandi Cup", 'cause I was enjoying a magazine article about Giorgio Morandi at the time, although I probably haven't conveyed much of what he was about. The empty cup and muted colors symbolized to me my disappointment after an unsuccessful day of job hunting. Right now it looks like a sort of lush minimalism, if you will. Agreeably quiet, rather than sad...

Next is "Natalie Meets the Tarantula." A buddy of mine dubbed it thus. 24" x 18" oil on canvas. My reaction to art school, the first time I quit.



~

No comments: