...or not

Resonant: Having a lasting presence or effect; enduring. Strongly reminiscent; evocative.
Enigma: A person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand.

Some things you might find here: Paintings; drawings; abstract and representational; sketches; doodles; photos; thoughts on art and its processes, my influences; thoughts on meditation and so-called "spiritual" teachings, non duality, Taoism, Zen, etc., and teahers/sages like Chuang Tzu, Lao Tzu, Krishnamurti (both), Wei Wu Wei (Terence Gray), Galen Sharp, Steven Norquist, Eckhart Tolle, Ramana Maharshi, etc.... and doG knows what else, really...

No sidebar because I like to post big pictures. Lists and whatnot are at the bottom.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Painterly?

~



First one is 12x16"oil on canvas panel, I call "Morandi Cup", 'cause I was enjoying a magazine article about Giorgio Morandi at the time, although I probably haven't conveyed much of what he was about. The empty cup and muted colors symbolized to me my disappointment after an unsuccessful day of job hunting. Right now it looks like a sort of lush minimalism, if you will. Agreeably quiet, rather than sad...

Next is "Natalie Meets the Tarantula." A buddy of mine dubbed it thus. 18x24" oil on canvas. My reaction to art school, the first time I quit.



~

No comments: