...or not

Resonant: Having a lasting presence or effect; enduring. Strongly reminiscent; evocative.
Enigma: A person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand.

Some things you might find here: Paintings; drawings; abstract and representational; sketches; doodles; photos; thoughts on art and its processes, my influences; thoughts on meditation and so-called "spiritual" teachings, non duality, Taoism, Zen, etc., and teahers/sages like Chuang Tzu, Lao Tzu, Krishnamurti (both), Wei Wu Wei (Terence Gray), Galen Sharp, Steven Norquist, Eckhart Tolle, Ramana Maharshi, etc.... and doG knows what else, really...

No sidebar because I like to post big pictures. Lists and whatnot are at the bottom.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Rainy Knife in Abcolab...

~









~

I didn't want to write captions 'cause I's going for visual effect, but still want to say stuff, so down here.
The top pic is from a poster for one of Rob Zombie's Halloween flics, drawn with Uniball pens, and 90% without looking on the lines of the figure. Sort of a slightly modified eye/hand coordination exercise where you put your drawing under the table and try to imagine your pen point going where your eyes go on the copy. I looked for the shading though.
Next is a panel I drew for an abstract comics "Laboratory" where every panel was drawn by a different person. I wonder if I still have a copy of the whole strip somewhere...
Third is a cover I drew for a DVD of Cloverfield I borrowed from my step-son, that didn't already have a cover. I thought it needed one. This is the cropped version.
Lastly is a view from some mountain in Japan that I found on Princess Haiku's blog. In pencil. It's only 4x6 inches.

~

No comments: