...or not

Resonant: Having a lasting presence or effect; enduring. Strongly reminiscent; evocative.
Enigma: A person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand.

Some things you might find here: Paintings; drawings; abstract and representational; sketches; doodles; photos; thoughts on art and its processes, my influences; thoughts on meditation and so-called "spiritual" teachings, non duality, Taoism, Zen, etc., and teahers/sages like Chuang Tzu, Lao Tzu, Krishnamurti (both), Wei Wu Wei (Terence Gray), Galen Sharp, Steven Norquist, Eckhart Tolle, Ramana Maharshi, etc.... and doG knows what else, really...

No sidebar because I like to post big pictures. Lists and whatnot are at the bottom.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Sans-Pentimenti Rear View Cartoon

~


Next page in the new 5.5x8.5" sketchbook, after Underhedge; without guide-line pencil this time and the result looks kinda cartoony to me, but that's ok. Mainly, I learned something: If I want it to look like I want it to look, I better use the pencil undersketch. Or else be ready to explore sans-pentimenti, that is, without any chance for corrections. Could be interesting...
Meanwhile, this is both an entry in a long standing personal tradition (more of which has been posted   HERE   ), and a bit of a break from same, in that previous "rear-views" have always been from life whereas this one is from a photo. Well, I was sitting at an intersection --busy, I should say-- waiting on the light to change.

~

No comments: