Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Underhedge

~


No, it's not a Hobbit. It's where the Fairy Folk play--well, one place they play--although I didn't see any, I could feel them watching me, laughing derisively 'cause instead of staying and playing, I was 'busy' making pictures...

My new 5.5x8.5" sketchbook with one of the photos I used. Just getting started with the pencil "underpainting"; guidlines, you might say, for the ink to come...

The finished sketch-in...

And my first hour long inking session. At least an hour...

More, maybe two hours...

From here on the "sessions" get hazy. I'm working on it every time I turn around...


Til finally:   Underhedge
5.5x8.5" sketchbook page, various technical pens over pencil, from photos I took in the back yard. I learned a lesson from this project: Don't mix brands of pen! Unless you do it uniformly I guess, with the different types of ink all over the page, but in sections the variations in ink quality can really show up. I was able to save this piece by going back over everything, almost, with one type of ink and re-establishing some uniformity, but it really shook me up about three quarters of the way through, when I realized Eberhard-Faber Uniball ink is warmer and shinier than Pilot Precise V5 ink. My terror was relieved by going back over the disparate areas with Pigma Micron, my drawing pen of choice from now on.
Oh, in case anyone wonders, 'cause it's a common question, "How long did it take you?" there were about six sessions of at least an hour each, and more like two or three hrs.+ on two or three of them. I finally called it quits about 1:00am this morning...


~

No comments: