...or not

Resonant: Having a lasting presence or effect; enduring. Strongly reminiscent; evocative.
Enigma: A person or thing that is mysterious, puzzling, or difficult to understand.

Some things you might find here: Paintings; drawings; abstract and representational; sketches; doodles; photos; thoughts on art and its processes, my influences; thoughts on meditation and so-called "spiritual" teachings, non duality, Taoism, Zen, etc., and teahers/sages like Chuang Tzu, Lao Tzu, Krishnamurti (both), Wei Wu Wei (Terence Gray), Galen Sharp, Steven Norquist, Eckhart Tolle, Ramana Maharshi, etc.... and doG knows what else, really...

No sidebar because I like to post big pictures. Lists and whatnot are at the bottom.

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Corporate Espionage (muah-ha-haaa!)

~


Back in the 80s I worked in a rice processing plant. Cameras weren't allowed but one day, since I had the top floor mostly to myself, I saw fit to smuggle in a little instamatic (a type of camera so old that spellcheck thinks it's not even a word). It was small, fit in a jacket pocket with ease.
My job up there on the "cooking floor" was pretty easy, and slow, so I was always wandering around out on the roof (5 stories/80 feet up) taking in the views.
Here are a few of them, plus an oil sketch I did some years later from this one.












Added sort of as an afterthought, this is a 20x24" oil on canvas I did from sketches I made out on the roof one other day.
~

No comments: