Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Hmmm...?

~



I was googling this: 

              "You'll see much more if you don't require to understand everything you see."

It's something I read somewhere decades ago, amongst material pertaining to the 'spiritual search,' and I thought I might find the long lost source of this assertion, perhaps explore the context, glean the meaning, figure out why it made such an impression all those years ago. The statement is clear as a bell in my mind, like it has it's own room in there; ain't goin' nowhere. But I can't remember where I got it. If you recognize it, please tell me about it in a comment. Eh?

So as the results page comes up my eye lands on this image and my mind recalls an old blog challenge where you answer a question with the first image that comes up when you google it. And this one even seems rather appropriate. Apparently it belongs to Darius Foroux. So, Darius, if you want me to remove this picture, let me know.

~

2 comments:

Elisa said...

I think it's from the I Ching. I just bumped into it since january, however I can't recall where lol

A. Decker said...

Elisa,
Hmmm... again. Ha! That sounds like it might be it. At least it gives me some place to search. Thank you!