Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Wiprout; Hey-ey!


 

Oil on canvas, 20" x 16", 2/16/2022

I was trying to write "wipeout" and made a typo, liked it better and left it; that's somewhat in keeping with the process of how this piece went. I didn't like the initial painting so I scraped it off with a knife, and this is what was already too dry or tacky to come off. A lot of my abstracts proceed that way: I dislike it and go to wipe it out, and wind up liking the wipeout better.

 Plus it looks (to me) like it's throwing parts of itself "up in the air" so, "Hey-ey!"   

I like, to an extent at least, that it reminds me of old wallpaper that's been scraped off. Maybe I should call it, Tracks of a Disaster.

~

No comments: