Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Sunday, October 29, 2017

After Moebius

~


An oil on canvas I did back in the 80s. It's on a 14x18" canvas but the image is only about 9.5"x15.75", the rest of the canvas covered in burnt umber. I don't recall why I did it that way.

It's taken from a panel in a comic strip drawn by Jean Giraud aka Moebius, in Heavy Metal Magazine. A sample of his work, I believe from the same story I used, is below.

If anybody recognizes the image I used above, and has access to sharing, I'd love to have a copy of the comic book image to compare. Google images didn't have it, just this one. The guys in the top pic are hunting these flying humanoids. For some "reason," probably sport. I remember how their luck went but I won't say. No spoilers here.




~

No comments: