Resonant Enigma Too: Purpose

I'm making this into an "Art Blog"; more painting and drawing, less aimless wandering and whatnot. Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

Click pictures in posts to enlarge

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Creek Tree Shade



 

HB pencil in 8.5x5.5" sketchbook. Out at Harmon's Field yesterday, about 30 minutes toughing it out, "in the field,"(sitting in my car with the AC going), then some touch-ups back at home, trying to save it from being a scruffy mess.

I'm clearly out of practice.

I recently did some reading and video watching on 'notan' and 'chiaroscuro' and concluded, who needs fancy terms when all you gotta do is look. Well I think I just found out who. Might have served me well in simplifying my lights and darks, prevented that rather chaotic scratchiness in the tree foliage, if I'd pulled those tools out of the box.

At least this part looks pretty good. To me.


~

"Practicing's good in theory. In reality it just tires us out." --Hank Yarbo 😂



No comments: